Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Perpetual Organizer

All of our clothes are organized by color and article. The dvd's are in alphabetical order. The pantry is neatly stocked with a running inventory posted on the door. My DayRunner is filled out for the month with multi-colored pens to mark special events, bills, outings, phone calls and to do's. Everything has a place, in my dreams.

The reality? There is at least two weeks worth of clothes that need to be folded and put away. There are books and dvd's in every room and when we want to find a certain one it's inevitably lost. If there is a way to organize a pantry that actually remains organized , I have yet to discover it and the inventory list is printed and ready to fill out sitting on the printer. It's been there for about three months. Hopefully I'll actually get around to buying or making a 2011 planner of some sort before the month is out.

I really to long for organization. The craziness of our home overwhelms me to the point of anxiety at times. I want to change this in 2011. And no, I don't mean I'll just ignore it and stop letting it bother me. I want to figure out how to make my family and our home run more efficiently. I want to maximize my time so that I can not only do all the "stuff" I want to do, but so that the things that need to be done, like laundry and dishes and cleaning the bathroom floor, happen as painlessly and systematically as possible. I downloaded a Goals and Priorities diary from http://www.getorganizedwizard.com and I'm going to get started on that tomorrow. They have a TON of great stuff on their website, and I really plan to put it to use.

I thought about posting a photo of my mess of a bed room, but decided to hold off on that. When I'm off bedrest and can physically tackle things and get stuff done, I will take before and after photos to share. Until then, imagine someone let a couple of pigs in the door, closed it behind them and walked away, yeah, that's my bedroom. It's a disaster. One I hope to remedy soon.

In 2011 I will not only be a perpetual organizer, but I will be perpetually organized.

1 comment:

  1. YEY! anoter A to Z mom! following you back from www.atozformomslikeme.blogspot.com

    The clothes organizing reminds me of my best friend- she's totally ocd about how her clothes in her closet are...... colors, lengths etc. it's funny. I'm ocd in other ways!
    Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete